IS Service Request - Overview
- This process was created for two companies that merged together, and wished to have a single common face for their employees to request IT services.
- Combined, the two IT Departments provided a large number of services, which were expected to change rapidly as the departments consolidated and systems were converted.
- In addition, the company was expected to acquire other companies in the future, and they wished for a system where new services could be added easily.
- The need to roll-out this new application to all employees at one time during a period of major disruption meant the application needed to be easy to understand and use.
- To meet these goals, we attempted to pattern this application after something many people will already be familiar with; online Internet shopping.
- Most online Internet shopping sites follow the same basic pattern, and by using the same pattern, we provide an application that many people will recognize and understand how to use.
- To request IT Services, the user will browse a catalog of services, and add items they want to an order (shopping cart).
- The catalog of services allows IT Services to easily be added or removed as necessary.